Sunday 31 October 2010

The Jester, Apr 14 9:22 AM 2007

How funny you are my jester,
You make my life a cheery manner,
How long you have served me,
How good you were,
Now, your tricks have run out,
Beware, death is about,
To make your pain go away,
Death, my friend, is the only way,
My duty, as your master,
To put an end to your life,
I’m sorry that you will be gone,
You can never be replaced,
Not even my 4 lovely wives,
I’ll chain you against the wall,
So when you die,
You will never fall,
While I do this,
I’ll give a big, big sigh,
The cement, and the bricks,
Are here to make,
A living casket,
You shall be buried,
Standing, with no air to gasp,
When I buried you, you wept,
I stopped and asked “Why?” ,
“Master, I relished the memories,”
“Your laugh and your smile”
“Now I am old, and getting senile”
I looked, and pity him but life is life,
My work, half finished and to rid every strife,
My poor, poor jester,
Please do not cry,
Your soul will be loved,
By God when you die,
So lived this last moment,
With joy and happiness,
Even if you are tied down,
Helpless,
This is the last brick,
Your face cannot be seen,
You smiled at me and closed your eyes,
Not looking at me,
I took a torch and threw it inside,
So I can see your face,
To see your happy, funny side,
But what I see is sadness,
From a jester?
I could not bear that expression,
From a man that creates joy,
I jammed the last brick,
Now you are trapped in there,
So die in peace my friend,
Die in peace my jester,
For your body may rot and dangle,
From the wall,
Your soul will be jovial, forever!
May you rest in peace,
MY JESTER………



One of my early works (early 2007). The story is there, you just have to read it. Can't elaborate it anymore. If you want to discuss it, comment it, OK? I'll try my best to answer your questions. For now, I say goodbye... wassalam...

No comments: