Wednesday 7 December 2011

She Went Away

I

I still remember,
That heat of passion,
Between us still lingers,
But your scent that intoxicates,
Grows weaker and weaker,
I wanted you to know,
That I don’t love you anymore,
That’s when she walked away,
Leaving me alone here to stay.

II

As the wind that flows slowly,
So does my love that’s gone away,
It’s neither sacred nor holy,
As we pulled the killing trigger,
The chill, the spill,
Of rejection and hate,
Of shouting and screaming,
We stopped and wait,
That’s when I said,
“No more, never”,
She started to weep and shudder,
And as I tried to make her stay,
She turned, and went away.

III

Like the shadow trapped on the ground,
I laid there and made no sound,
The night screams,
By the howls of the hounds,
If only I was better,
In making her happy all day,
If only I can change,
My wicked, wicked ways,
I’ve lost the love I had,
It left me here,
With nothing to adhere,
Like a stain that won’t go away,
It stays on my mind,
For years it haunts,
The devils, they laugh and taunt,
That beautiful face, crying,
As she turned, and walked away,
It kills me to see it again,
Her slender body moving to the door,
As I said,
“No more, nevermore”,
Rather than stay,
She went away….





FOREVER

No comments: